Raw mango - 1
Oil - 2 tbsp
Asafoetida - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Red Chilli Powder - 2 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Salt - According to taste
- Wash the mango and pat it completely dry. Make sure that there is no moisture on the mango.
- Cut the mango into small bite sized pieces and keep it aside.
- In a pan heat the oil. Add the mustard seeds and allow the seeds to pop.
- Turn off the flame after the mustard seeds pop up. Allow the oil to cool down a little.
- Do not cool the oil completely. Add Asafoetida to the warm oil.
- Then add the turmeric powder, Red Chilli powder and salt to the oil and mix it all well.
- Allow the oil to completely cool down .
- Add the cut mango pieces and mix well.
- Keep the pickle aside for about 2 - 3 hours.
- This pickle stays good for about 1 week.
- Enjoy the pickle with any mixed rice or curd rice.