All purpose Flour - 1/2 cup
Semolina - Fine Sooji - 2 Tbsp
Powdered Sugar - 1/2 cup
Clarified Butter / Ghee - 2 Tbsp
Water- To make the dough
Oil - For Frying
For the Glaze:
Water - 1/2 cup
Sugar - 1/4 cup
- In a bowl,sift the flour, powdered sugar and mix well.
- Now add the semolina and mix all together.
- Add the Ghee / Clarified butter and mix well to form a crumbled mix.
- Add water little by little and knead it into a firm dough.
- Now make very small balls out the dough and roll out mini - puri's.
- Make as many as you want and keep it aside.
- In a pan heat some oil.Once the oil is hot, add the mini puri's one by one.
- Fry then until the sizzle from the oil stops and they are light golden in color.
- Drain out the excess oil by placing them on a paper towel and allow them to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a sauce pan, add 1/4 cup of sugar to make the glaze.
- To the sugar add about 1/2 cup of water and heat it.
- Heat this mixture till the solution thickens to form a string like consistency and take off the flame and allow it to cool.
- Once the puri's and the glaze liquid have cooled, take a pastry brush and glaze the sugar solution on the Puri's.
- You can add roasted and chopped dry nuts or dry fruits on these puri's to give it a rich taste.
- Enjoy the Mini Sweet Puri's.
- You can also use a cookie cutter and make different shapes if you want to. It will be a favorite homemade snack for all the kids.