Spinach - 2 Cups
Tomatoes - Diced - 1 Cup
Paneer / Indian Cottage Cheese - 1 Cup (Cubed)
Butter - 2 Tbsp
Cumin seeds - 1 Tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 Tsp
Red Chilli Powder - 1/2 Tsp
Cumin powder - 1 Tsp
Coriander Powder - 1 Tsp
Salt - To Taste
- Take the spinach leaves and wash it well to remove any mud from the leaves. Baby spinach comes prewashed and tastes the best when used for this dish.
- Take a pan and add some water and heat it. Now add the spinach leaves to it.
- Let the Spinach wilt for sometime and turn off heat.
- Drain the spinach well and blend it into a fine puree.
- In a pan, melt 2 Tbsp of butter.
- Now add the cumin seeds.
- Add the Paneer cubes and saute it well until it gets a light golden crust.
- Now add the diced tomatoes to this and mix it well and cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- To this add turmeric powder and red chilli powder.
- Then some add cumin powder and coriander powder.
- Now add the Spinach puree to this and mix well.
- Mix all the ingredients well and cover and cook for about 7-8 minutes.
- Keep stirring in between once or twice so that it does not burn at the bottom.
- Serve hot with any Indian bread of your choice and enjoy.