Okra is used in stews and stir-fries. This stir-fry is very easy to prepare and gets ready in minutes.
Okra - Cut into small pieces - 1 1/2 cups
Oil - 1 Tbsp
Mustard seeds - 1 Tsp
Urad Dal - 1/2 Tsp
Chana Dal - 1 Tsp
Red Chilli Powder - 1/2 Tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 Tsp
Salt - According to Taste
- Wash whole okra and pat it dry. Cut them into small round pieces.
- In a pan heat oil and add the mustard seeds, urad dal, and chana dal.Let the mustard seeds crackle and allow the dal to brown a bit.
- Add the cut okra into the seasoning in the pan.
- Now add the turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt.
- Mix all the ingredients well and cover and cook for 7-8 minutes.
- Serve hot with plain rice,Sambar/Rasam rice or with Phulkas.Enjoy!!