Bansi Rava is also called as Godumai Rava/ Samba Godumai/ Broken Wheat/ Dalia. It is rich in fiber and very nutritious. Kesari is usually made out of Sooji. Kesari/ Kesari bath is usually made of milk and sugar. But this Bansi Rava Kesari is made of jaggery. It is a very delicious and simple recipe. This is how I made it.
Bansi Rava - 1 cup
Cardamom powder - 1 teaspoon
Cashewnuts - For Garnishing
Raisins - For Garnishing
Ghee - 4 Tablespoons
Water - As required
- In a Pan/ Kadai roast 1 cup of Bansi Rava in 1 table spoon of ghee.
- Then boil the Bansi Rava in about 2 cups of water or as required. Cook till it is completely cooked.
- In a different pan, add the Jaggery and add 1 cup of water and boil the Jaggery.
- Once the Jaggery is boiled and dissolved completely, remove it from heat and strain out the Jaggery water.
- Mix the strained Jaggery water into the Bansi Rava, add 2 table spoons of Ghee and stir it well.
- Take a Tadka pan and add the Ghee into it. Once the Ghee is melted, add a few Cashewnuts and Raisins.
- Then add this to the Rava Jaggery mixture and stir it well till the Ghee leaves out on the sides.
- Remove from the pan and serve it hot.Enjoy the Bansi Rava Kesari.