It is a South Indian meal calling now. So here I am with my French Beans Curry/ Beans Poriyal.
French Beans - Chopped - 2 Cups
Oil - 2 Tbsp
Mustard seeds - 1 Tsp
Urad Dal - 1 Tsp
Chana Dal - 1 Tsp
Dry Red Chillies - 2-3
Coconut - Freshly grated - 1/2 cup
Salt - To Taste
- Wash the French beans and chop it and keep it aside.
- In a pan heat the 2 Tbsp of Oil.
- Once the Oil is hot add the mustard seeds.
- Allow the mustard seeds to pop up.
- Then add the Urad Dal, Chana Dal and the dry red chillies.
- Then add the chopped French Beans and mix it will.
- Now add salt according to taste and mix it all well.
- Cover and cook for about 8-10 minutes on medium heat.
- Keep stirring in-between once or twice so that it does not burn at the bottom.
- If the curry gets too dry, then sprinkle a few drops of water and cover and cook again.
- Once the French Beans are cooked, add the freshly grated Coconut.
- Mix it well and cover and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and French Beans Curry/ Beans Poriyal is ready to be served.
- You can serve this hot with Sambar Rice, Rasam Rice or Rotis.
- Red Chillies are added instead of green chillies so that they can be differentiated well amidst the Green Beans.
- You can also use dry dessicated coconut in case the freshly grated ones are not available.