Wednesday, November 24, 2010

French Beans Curry/ Beans Poriyal

It has been a very very long time since I have posted something here. I have been so very busy the past few days. I just celebrated my Second Wedding Anniversary yesterday and the day was just so good. I had some surprise friends over and so many wishes. With the remaining energy that got passed on from yesterday I am sitting down now to finish up some of my very pending posts on my blog.

It is a South Indian meal calling now. So here I am with my French Beans Curry/ Beans Poriyal.



Ingredients:

French Beans - Chopped - 2 Cups
Oil - 2 Tbsp
Mustard seeds - 1 Tsp
Urad Dal - 1 Tsp
Chana Dal - 1 Tsp
Dry Red Chillies - 2-3
Coconut - Freshly grated - 1/2 cup
Salt - To Taste

Method:


  • Wash the French beans and chop it and keep it aside.

  • In a pan heat the 2 Tbsp of Oil.

  • Once the Oil is hot add the mustard seeds. 

  • Allow the mustard seeds to pop up.

  • Then add the Urad Dal, Chana Dal and the dry red chillies.








  • Then add the chopped French Beans and mix it will.




  • Now add salt according to taste and mix it all well.



  • Cover and cook for about 8-10 minutes on medium heat.

  • Keep stirring in-between once or twice so that it does not burn at the bottom.

  • If the curry gets too dry, then sprinkle a few drops of water and cover and cook again.

  • Once the French Beans are cooked, add the freshly grated Coconut.

  • Mix it well and cover and cook for 3-5 minutes.

  • Turn off the heat and French Beans Curry/ Beans Poriyal is ready to be served.

  • You can serve this hot with Sambar Rice, Rasam Rice or Rotis.

Notes:

  • Red Chillies are added instead of green chillies so that they can be differentiated well amidst the Green Beans.
  • You can also use dry dessicated coconut in case the freshly grated ones are not available.

1 comment:

Priya Suresh said...

Never say no to beans poriyal, love it with rasam and curd rice..