Cooked Basmati Rice - 1 1/2 cups
Butter - 2 Tbsp
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Cinnamon stick - 1" stick
Cloves - a few
Bay leaves - 2-3
Star Anise - 2
Mace - 2-3
Black Peppercorns - A Few
Frozen/ Fresh green peas and carrots - 1 cup
Butter beans / Kidney beans - 1 cup
Salt - To Taste
- Take 2 Tbsp of butter in a pan and allow it to melt.
- To this add cumin seeds,cinnamon sticks,cloves, star anise, cloves, mace, bay leaves and black peppercorns.
- Allow all these dry spices to roast in the butter for 3-5 minutes. Then add 1 cup of green peas and carrots and add salt to taste. Cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the kidney beans/ butter beans and allow it to cook for 5 more minutes.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, add them into the bowl of cooked Basmati rice.
- Mix the vegetables well with the cooked rice. Serve hot!