Raw Jack fruit - 1 can
Coconut milk - 1 cup
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Cumin Powder - 1 tsp
Chili powder - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder - A pinch
Oil - 2 tbsp
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Cilantro - To garnish
Curry Leaves - A few
Salt - To taste
- Rinse the canned jack fruit in cold water and drain them well.
- Make bite sized pieces of the raw jack fruit and keep it aside.
- In a pan heat oil and add the mustard seeds,cumin seeds and curry leaves and allow the mustard seeds to splutter.
- Then add the raw jack fruit pieces and saute till the raw jack fruit pieces get a slight golden crust on top.
- Once the jack fruit pieces are cooked, add the dry spices - cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, chili powder and salt.
- Mix all the dry spices well and then add the coconut milk.
- Let it simmer and cook on low heat for 15-20 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve hot with white rice or Rotis.